iBC® - the integrated Brine Causticisation technology, facilitates removal of impurities from concentrated (high TDS) and/or complex brines, enabling further downstream processing, including the production of industrial chemical products.
- aMES® - our activated Minerals Extraction System, is an innovative process technology that enables the treatment of concentrated aqueous solutions, including brines, to recover a range of valuable products, reagents and fresh water.
- Membrane technologies - including conventional (MF/UF/NF/RO/HPRO) and specialty membranes from leading global OEMs, as well as more innovative membrane-based technologies including AGMD, DCMD, SWGMD & VMD.
- Electrochemistry - range of processes including conventional chlor-alkali technology and emerging electrochemical technologies, to achieve both ionic separation and chemical synthesis related objectives, in high value applications.
- Hydrometallurgical processes - including application of and integration with leaching, solution purification, ion exchange, solvent extraction, precipitation, crystallisation and other conventional hydrometallurgical processes.
- Direct lithium extraction (DLE) - range of upstream flowsheets incorporating both conventional unit operations, as well as various process technologies, including the core technologies outlined above, to provide fit-for-purpose solutions.
- - Proprietary iBC® based carbonate-hydroxide processing routes, are applicable to downstream lithium processing.
- Pre-treatment & impurity removal - various offerings, providing improved process performance and product quality.
Our approach to developing the most efficient and sustainable process solutions, is often underpinned by our ability to utilise our process expertise to recover chemical products from waste streams, resulting in significant value creation.
- Improved water recovery.
- Improved product, by-product and reagent recoveries.
- Reduction of wastewater (including brine) production.
- Lower specific energy use and reagent consumption.
- Improvement in overall project economics.
- Improved project sustainability profile.
Our core technologies are typically suited to high concentration (high TDS) primary, process and waste streams, where processing with conventional technologies, is unable to adequately meet project requirements. These applications include:
- Salar derived brines, rich in lithium, potash and other minerals.
- Geothermal derived brines, particularly from lower-enthalpy resources, amenable to DLE related technologies.
- Industrial brines, derived from desalination processes, particularly reverse osmosis (RO) reject brines.
- Hydrometallurgical process streams, including process liquors and various waste streams.
- Broad range of additional applications, where we are able to beneficially treat process streams, to create value.
Parkway has provided process expertise including in relation to the core technologies, to a diverse range of large global industrial companies seeking to improve the efficiency of existing project operations, or alternatively to support the development of greenfield project opportunities, through more innovative process flowsheet optimisation options.
Recent Projects Include
- Development and evaluation of various brine processing flowsheets for production of minerals, including potash.
- Investigation into processing waste liquors from various TSFs at tier-1 polymetallic mine, with core technologies.
- Investigation into opportunities to recover minerals and reagents from a waste stream at a major nickel refinery.
- Development of process to treat CSG derived brines and produce industrial chemicals (see Case Study, next page).